The Buy-Side Club takes privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting the data provided to us in compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy describes how The Buy-Side Club handles and protects data to which it is provided access in connection with its services. This policy may change from time to time so please re-visit this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
By making available your personal data, as defined below, you confirm that:
- You have reviewed this policy and agree that The Buy-Side Club may process your personal data in accordance with this policy;
- You have provided any notices and obtained any consents needed to provide information concerning others; and
- Your personal data may be transferred and processed worldwide, including the US and other countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country, for the purposes and in the manner specified in this policy.
The Buy-Side Club will process personal data in accordance with this policy, unless in conflict with requirements of applicable law, in which case applicable law will prevail.
Your consent to the provisions of this policy is required in order to submit or make available your personal data. If you decline to submit or make available your personal data, it may affect your ability to apply for or receive an offer of employment from The Buy-Side Club or its clients.
This policy does not form part of any contract of employment offered to candidates hired by The Buy-Side Club.
Personal data is identifiable information about an individual made available to The Buy-Side Club in connection with our services. The Buy-Side Club may collect personal data directly from individuals that we engage with, including via our website, email and social media, and in the course of our work we also collect personal data from third parties, for example in connection with our research, or with a background check or employment check or reference, subject to your consent where required by law. Personal data may include information such as work history/job data, education, compensation, contact information, references, and any notes of conversations between an individual and The Buy-Side Club.
Processing refers to any action performed on personal data, such as collecting, recording, organising, storing, transferring, modifying, using, disclosing, deleting or destruction.
Sensitive personal data is personal data concerning nationality or citizenship, race or ethnic origin, criminal history, or trade union membership or other individual characteristics which may be “protected” by law, such as age, sex, religion and belief, etc.
You may use various electronic, paper and face to face methods to submit personal data to The Buy-Side Club. You agree that, in addition to collecting personal data directly from you, The Buy-Side Club may collect personal data from third parties, for example, when a client provides information about a candidate or potential candidate; when a source recommends that we consider an individual for a position we are seeking to fill on behalf of a client; or from sources in the public domain including corporate websites, newswires, public databases and social media platforms e.g. LinkedIn.
Processing and retention
The Buy-Side Club offers talent consultancy services, including:
- Recruitment and succession planning
- Diversity pipelining and direct introductions
- Data and analytics
- Competitor analysis and intelligence
- Talent management consultancy
- Bespoke reports for clients on themes that impact the industry and their business
The Buy-Side Club processes personal data for legitimate business purposes in carrying out these services, including identifying and evaluating candidates, record-keeping related to a service, and analysing the service and outcomes. In addition:
- We may use personal information to respond to an individual’s inquiry or to fulfill a request. If an individual contacts us, we keep a record of that person’s contact information and use any information provided to respond.
- We may periodically use an individual’s information to contact them for introductions to clients or candidates and our broader network in connection with a project that we are undertaking and for purposes of market intelligence, with no hidden incentive.
- We use personal information that we have collected concerning individuals to identify professional opportunities that we think may be of interest. We may contact potential candidates regarding such opportunities. If you do not want to be considered for other opportunities or would like to have your personal data removed, you may contact The Buy-Side Club as specified under Inquiries, Complaints and Objections
- We may retain and use information about an individual for research, benchmarking, trend analysis and to improve and enhance our services, or develop and market new services.
The Buy-Side Club considers its relationship with candidates and individuals we have engaged with to be long-standing, and we will keep hold of your details until you tell us you no longer wish to hear from us or until we no longer have a legitimate purpose for keeping them. We will take into consideration our legal obligations when determining how long we should retain your information. When we no longer need to retain your information we will ensure it is securely disposed of, at the appropriate time.
Sharing with Third Parties
The Buy-Side Club will transfer personal data concerning potentially suitable candidates to clients who have engaged our services. This may be done via our dedicated client portal which is located within the Google Cloud Platform and accessed by secure password. The Buy-Side Club may also transfer personal data to external providers performing certain services for The Buy-Side Club. Such third-party providers have access to personal data solely for the purposes of performing the services specified in the applicable service contract, and The Buy-Side Club requires the providers to undertake security measures consistent with the protections specified in this policy.
The Buy-Side Club may be required to disclose certain personal data to other third parties:
- as required by law;
- to protect The Buy-Side Club’s legal rights to the extent authorised or permitted by law; or
- in an emergency where the health or safety of a candidate or other individual may be endangered.
In addition, in the event of a re-organisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of The Buy-Side Club’s business, we may transfer personal data to successor entities or parties.
International Data Transfers
The Buy-Side Club’s clients comprise of global financial services organisations. Accordingly, personal data may be transferred to and processed in the US and other countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country. The Buy-Side Club’s clients maintain and apply data protection standards consistent with those specified in this policy to their operations globally. Additionally, individual clients may have entered into a Global Data Transfer Agreement governing their treatment of personal information of European Union data subjects.
Sensitive Personal Data
The Buy-Side Club does not request or consider information concerning religion, sex life or political opinions or any other individual characteristics which may be “protected” by law in connection with its services, but we may ask you to voluntarily supply this data for diversity and inclusion monitoring purposes.
The Buy-Side Club may perform candidate background checks, and may process other sensitive personal data, such as citizenship or nationality information, or health information, when relevant for a position and permitted by law.
If you have a disability and would like The Buy-Side Club to organise reasonable adjustments for your engagement with our client, you may provide that information to us.
If The Buy-Side Club intends to collect sensitive personal data from third parties, you will be provided notice and the opportunity to consent.
To the extent you make sensitive personal data available to The Buy-Side Club, you consent to us processing such data in accordance with this policy.
Security and confidentiality
The Buy-Side Club employs technical and organisational measures designed to protect the integrity, confidentiality, security and availability of personal data, and to comply with applicable legal requirements for information security. Personal data is stored on The Buy-Side Club’s database, Encore, which is hosted by The Cluen Corporation, located in the US. The Cluen Corporation complies with the EU-US and US-Swiss Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States.
The Buy-Side Club will notify an individual of any personal data breach of our systems without undue delay and in any event within 72 hours of becoming aware of a personal data breach.
Data Subject Rights
You may exercise the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Access, Correction and Deletion: The Buy-Side Club will provide you access to your personal data that we hold to the extent required by law in your home country, regardless of the location of the personal data processing. You may request correction or deletion of that personal data, except where retention is required by your contractual relationship with The Buy-Side Club, in the context of a legal dispute, or as otherwise required by legal or regulatory requirements. If access, correction or deletion is denied, the reason for the denial will be communicated to you.
- Automated Decisions: The Buy-Side Club does not make recruiting decisions or give advice based solely on automated decision-making within the meaning of the EU Data Protection Directive (as amended from time to time).
Inquiries, Complaints and Objections
You may withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data or submit inquiries, complaints and/or objections to the processing of your personal data by sending a request in writing to The Buy-Side Club, Aldbury House, Dower Mews, High Street, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 2BL or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are text files which identify a user’s computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used.
Cookies help us identify which pages of our website are most visited. This information can be used to help us improve our website and ensure we provide you with the best service. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and it will be aggregated or anonymised i.e. it will not identify you as an individual user to our website.
Links to other websites
We will not sell, distribute or lease personal information to third parties for their direct marketing.
Changes to this policy